Yoga Teacher Training Program
with Aruna Kathy Humphrys
Start date to be announced
This specialized Kids Yoga training is like no other! Of course we cover yoga
poses, stories, games, and songs that prepare you to teach yoga to kids. But we go further
to also give you meaningful kids yoga that is more than pretending to be animals.
We playfully use real yoga and meditation that combats the stress that today's
kids face. Giving kids a true experience of yoga, you'll connect with kids in a more
meaningful way. Plus you learn to develop new classes with your own themes and
Who Should Attend the Kids Yoga Teacher Training Course?
Those who want to give kids the life-long rewards of healthy bodies and happy minds.
- Yoga Teachers. School Teachers
- E.C.E.'s (Early Childhood Educators)
- Doctors, Therapists, and Kids Specialists
- Teaching Assistants
- Those who work with kids
- And all those who love and care for kids
Take your classes from good to awesome! In this weekend workshop you will discover:
- Classroom Management: How to gain kid's cooperation, work with groups, and build passion
- Child Development: An overview of the ages and stages of children's abilities and
- Yoga Fundamentals: The fundamentals of yoga and meditation and how to present them to
- A six week class curriculum based on Ancient Secrets of Success for Today's World by
Tulshi Sen-a tested program that inspires kids, filled with inspiring kids yoga,
meditations, games and stories. This curriculum tells you exactly how to introduce yoga to
kids in a way they can understand and apply. It will give you the tools to create a
meaningful yoga curriculum to teach in your kids classes
- Teaching Kids Yoga Workbook: a binder with over 60 pages of handouts, class development
resources, and yoga poses.
- Sample Class Curriculum: a spiral bound manual with a complete curriculum to start teaching now. Includes weekly themes and daily variations, activities, games, and
- Recommended Resources: Access to the list of the most useful tools Aruna has found over
10 years teaching kids yoga and being a full time yoga teacher and entrepreneur. Including
her "Children's Favorites" playlist of songs, business development books, and
her recommendations for teachers of what to buy first and what is a waste of money.
- Kids Yoga Class Creator: a tool that guides you through developing your own curriculum
and organizes you for future classes.
- Certificate of Completion: from Young Yoga Masters-Kids Yoga Teacher Training (must
attend all hours to receive full certificate).
Aruna Kathy Humphrys (Santokh Kaur) began teaching kids over 10 years ago. She has
taught kids in daycares, afterschool programs, community centres, Montessori Schools,
conferences and retreats. She produced and directed the Kids Yoga DVD Let the Children
Teach You Yoga. Aruna served as the Manager in Residence of Guru Ram Das Ashram in Toronto
from 1999 to 2005. She has completed the Radiant Child Yoga Program Levels I, II, &
III and has been a certified Kundalini Yoga Teacher since 1998.
Aruna is a trainer of kids yoga teachers and is a pioneer of Kids Yoga based on the
teachings of Tulshi Sen author of the life changing book Ancient Secrets of Success for
Today's World. Aruna has studied with Tulshi Sen, her Mentor since 2000. Inspired to help
teachers build their confidence to teach kids, Aruna has authored over one hundred free
articles on her blog on Young Yoga Masters named in the Top 50 Yoga and Meditation Blogs,
and listed among 5 Canadian Health and Fitness Blogs that Inspire in Canadian Living.
If a participant needs to withdraw their registration more than two weeks prior to the
start of the course a full refund will be given minus a $50 withdrawal fee.
Once the course begins, no refunds will be given. Please speak to the organizers
if there are exceptional circumstances.